Re: tools/ and dftp on mirrors

Hello,

Although it is doubtful that anyone actually uses all of those zip
files in order to install debian, I think it is very likely that other
linux sites point to the debian/tools directory to inform people where
to download rawrite and md5sum, two relatively common utilities needed
if you have a linux system at hand.  I don't think this is a reason to
stop their removal, however.  A quick google search reveals that while
Apple points to the Debian mirrors,
(http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=71921) the document
was created in 1999.  It's probably safe to remove them.

Daniel Moerner

--
Daniel Moerner <dmoerner@gmail.com>