Re: dhclient-script, hooks, and changing the environment

martin f krafft wrote:
Anything else? Do you know of packages that rely on this
functionality? Do you have scripts of your own which modify the
environment? Would you please be so kind as to explain to me what
they do, and help me figure out whether there isn't a better way for
them?
Packages that come to mind that want to alter the environment of it parent are:

   * ssh-agent
   * <http://modules.sourceforge.net/>

I guess you could also write a shell script to a temp file and then source that. Not sure if this is any cleaner though.

Brian May