Re: Arch-dependent Depends

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 11:34:35AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Different situation. The ocaml debs have the same depends on every
> architecture for the individual deb. They might differ between debs
> but not between archs for one arch:all deb.

Nope. I was talking about OCaml programs shipped as arch:any packages
and built as native code executables on some archs and as bytecode
executables on some other [1]. In such cases you have arch:any packages
which have different dependencies on different architectures.

For one the bytecode architectures will have a dependency on the OCaml
interpreter, dependency which won't be there on native code
architectures.

Cheers.

[1] yes, in such cases there is a small waste of archive space given
    that on all bytecode architectures you are using the same,
    theoretically arch:all, executable. But in some cases we happen to
    choose this bad, over the bad of having to split a separate -byte
    package which would pollute Packages files

--
Stefano Zacchiroli -*- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7
I'm still an SGML person,this newfangled /\ All one has to do is hit the