Re: Considerations for lilo removal

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:19:03AM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:

> > We still very regularly get installation reports where people use
> > lilo rather than grub, so it must still have a fairly significant
> > user base. I would say that the activity on the bug report shows
> > the same.
>
> OTOH, aren't most of these choosing lilo over grub only doing so by
> habit ?

Not me. I switched from lilo to grub in almost all of my computers,
but I had problems with the grub 'map' command ('map-drive' in lilo)
in one of them so I went back to lilo.

I don't know if it was fixed, though, now I don't need that feature
anymore.

--
Alberto García González
http://people.igalia.com/berto/