Re: Considerations for lilo removal

Michael Banck wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:03:10AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> I don't really see this as a bug, certainly not as grave. The problem
>> seems to be that lilo simply can't handle large images and the default
>> ramdisk just has now hit that limit on amd64.
>
> So it's broken on amd64 for the stock Debian kernel, AIUI.
> Looks like a grave bug to me.

It also means that it is not broken for testing as that has 2.6.24.
And it means that it is not broken for i386 users.

Sounds to me that it is still useful for most users, so severity
important, not RC. Especially given that it is not the default
bootloader.

You can argue this from various sides, but IMO a removal from testing was
very much the wrong action to take by RMs.

Cheers,
FJP