Re: Non-free IETF RFC/I-Ds in,source packages

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:

> Is it possible to do this without messing around with Makefile.am, which
> in turn will require rebuilding the automake stuff?
>
> My first attempt didn't turn out so well:
>
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/tmp/debian/mine/heimdal/heimdal-1.2.dfsg.1/lib/sl'
>
> Making all in wind
>
> make[3]: Entering directory `/home/brian/tmp/debian/mine/heimdal/heimdal-1.2.dfsg.1/lib/wind'
>
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target `rfc3454.txt', needed by `bidi_table.c'.  Stop.

This seems to imply that you no longer have a file named rfc3454.txt?  You
want to strip all the text out of that file except for the table, but
leave the table in the tree still named rfc3454.txt.

(Apologies if I'm missing some additional subtlety.  I haven't had a
chance to fully analyze what the Heimdal build system is doing.)