Re: Mass bug filing: FTBFS because of using imake without Build-Depends on xutils-dev

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 07:26:05PM -0700, Daniel Schepler wrote:
> From the changelog for xorg 1:7.3+11:

>   * Remove the dependency of xutils against xutils-dev, it was only useful
>     for transitional purpose in Etch, closes: #418123.

> This means that any package which used xmkmf/imake and had xutils, instead of
> xutils-dev, for the Build-Depends will now FTBFS.  It seems there were
> several packages which fall into this category (at this point, I've found 11
> packages starting with [0-9a-d]).  So unless there are any objections, I'll
> start filing bugs as I find them.

Mass bugfiling seems appropriate and reasonable, but if you've already found
11 build failures in [0-9a-d], I think a severity: serious bug should be
filed against the new xorg in unstable to hold it out of lenny until the
full impact is known and the release team can make an informed decision
about whether this is acceptable for the release.