Re: How to build only linux-image-2.6.18-6-686

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 09:35:28PM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Taken to another system?

I don't remember if I did or not.

> The problems I remember:
>
> 1. the "source" and "build" links pointed to an incorrect place. An
> invalid build link is a problem.

Where do they point?

> 2. If I actually changed the source to make the base supplied
> linux-headers package not good enough, I found no way to generate a
> complete one (linux-headers-2.6.18-6 vs linux-headers-2.6.18-6-686).

So running make-kpkg binary-arch, doesn't build a useful kernel and
header package set?

> Doesn't work well if you want to allow building stuff on other
> computers :-(
>
> This is to say that I got spolit by how well 'm-a a-i' works.

Well I must admit I don't build custom kernels for my main computers.  I
only do so far a router I work with at work, and that one I do by
patching and changing the source package since I run it through a mini
build server.

You should not need the linux-headers-2.6.18-6 when using make-kpkg as
far as I can tell, although perhaps make-kpkg isn't always doing the
right thing when building from source.  Not sure about that.

--
Len Sorensen