Re: What should postrm purge actually do?

Andreas Bombe wrote:
[...]
> The user may have
> imported the configuration from some other machine, or intend to use the
> configuration elsewhere.  The usefulness of user configuration is
> therefore not tied to the installed state of the package on this system.

Particularly since the user may have compiled their own copy of the
application and be running it from their home directory!

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup