Re: Handling of removed packages

James Vega wrote:
> As of version 0.4.11, this does happen.  From the NEWS file:
>   * Command-line updates in aptitude will now list packages that are
>     newly obsolete.  This doesn't work when a source is removed and
>     all its packages become obsolete, for technical reasons.

Hmm. New Debian release. User uses codenames in sources.list.

# sed -i "s/etch/lenny/" /etc/apt/sources.list
# aptitude update

Does this fit in the exception listed above? I would think yes and in that
case the only use case we really care about would not be supported.
Maybe I'm reading that wrong though or is "source" defined at a higher level
than I think it is.