Re: ssl security desaster (was: Re: SSH keys: DSA vs RSA)

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 11:13 AM, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> I think everyone involved did a wonderful job, especially given the
> appalling constraints they were under. There is a difference, though,
> between acknowledging the excellent work that was done and burying one's
> head in the sand claiming that nothing could possibly have been
> improved.

A wonderful job indeed. *Thanks* from this corner of the world to the
Debian + Ubuntu team involved. The efforts in getting it all done
while balancing the maturity of the SSH blacklist patches & scripts vs
risk have been excellent.

It was a hard day for everyone else too, but it is clear that it would
have been much worse without such careful handling of the situation.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff@gmail.com
 martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions