Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

also sprach Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2008.05.18.0401 +0100]:
> I won't speak for Joey, but I consider a divergence a bug in the sense
> that I'd use with a general bug-tracking system: it's something about the
> package and/or the packaged software that, in an ideal world, would be
> improved.  Nothing more (or less) than that.

Like making upstream software use something like sensible-browser?

I do see parallels between upstream divergence and bugs and keeping
your bug record down means having to feed upstream, but some changes
are Debian-specific and make the source diverge from upstream, and
yet they are not at all bugs, not even wishlists.

"my father, a good man, told me:
'never lose your ignorance; you cannot replace it.'"
                                               -- erich maria remarque