Re: How to handle Debian patches

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> The remaining ones will indeed need manual intervention, but aren't
> this kind of changes those which are supposed to be pushed upstream?
> So some more burden on the developer on these rare (if you buy my
> statement above) cases can even be beneficial from a social point of
> view.

In many of the cases discussed in this thread, the Debian package
maintainer is already bearing much of the burden of the divergence and
upstream (whatever their attitude to the developer) is not going to
incorporate the patch any time soon.

Why, in these cases, do you see extra burden on the Debian package
maintainer to be a good thing?

--
 \      "I hope some animal never bores a hole in my head and lays its |
  `\   eggs in my brain, because later you might think you're having a |