Re: Mailing lsit code of conduct, again

Ben Finney wrote:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:
>> We don't enforce it anyway, and all this provision seems to do in
>> practice is create these annoying arguments periodically.
>
> No, that's not all it does. It also has the significant effect that
> discussions in these forums do not, in the main, generate needless
> individual copies of messages in the participants's mailboxes. I, and
> presumably the people who drafted the code of conduct, continue to
> find that a very favourable outcome of this provision.

Fully agreed. I'd hate to see this dropped from the CoC.

Clint Adams sent a request to d-www to have the CoC changed and I have
replied with a strong NACK to that suggestion. If the CoC should be
changed, it should be done after a proper discussion (on d-project
probably) and at least be done in coordination with the listmasters, not as
the result of an individual request by a random DD.

Cheers,
FJP