Re: ssl security desaster (was: Re: SSH keys: DSA vs RSA)

This one time, at band camp, Mike Bird said:
> Yet Debian makes it hard for people to help.  Like most software
> engineers I simply don't have the time to waste on Debian's NM
> process.  Debian's processes are indisputably Debian's decision
> alone, but Debian has to live with the consequences ... falling
> mindshare, orphaned packages, and slow releases.
>
> Nevertheless, non-DD's can and do help by filing bug reports and
> patches (upstream is best), helping people on d-u, and offering
> constructive advice to DDs.  And one should not forget that most
> of the software in Debian is developed and maintained by non-DD's.

While we all thank you for the great amount of work you put into Debian
[1] [2], I personally prefer to be told what to do and think in a slightly
less agressive tone, and by someone who knows slightly more about the
subject at hand.  I understand that those 6 bug reports probably took
quite a lot of your valuable time, and I don't mean to denigrate that.

If you feel that the NM process may be too rigorous for you, there are
plenty of other ways to contribute to Debian.  Perhaps you could tell
us what obstacles we have put in your way (I'm assuming that all these
efforts like DM, alioth packaging teams, QA efforts and so on don't
present a low enough barrier to entry for you, so we won't sully this
conversation by mentioning them).

Again, really, thank you.

1.http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mgb-debian%40yosemite.net&comaint=yes
2.http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=both;submitter=mgb-debian%40yosemite.net