Re: analyzing popcon data for bogus recommends

Joey Hess wrote:

> It would be nice to have a list which Recommends are ignored/overridden
> the most when installing packages, to identify Recommends that need to be
> downgraded to Suggests. Could we derive such a list from popcon data? I
> think it would need to be done by analyzing each individual popcon data
> submission, so I can't do it as that data is not published.

I think you need more than popcon data: popcon doesn't say which packages were
manually installed and which were automatically AFAIK. Maybe package B is
installed and only recommended by A, but there is no way to tell if package B
wasn't needed on it's own.

--

  Felipe Sateler