Alioth commit notification Git script

Asking here since I expect lots of people use Alioth for Git repositories
and this seems like the kind of thing that some other user of Alioth could
probably answer for me without having to bug the Alioth admins.

I've enabled commit notification on my Git repositories (pkg-shibboleth)
on Alioth following http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git and I'm only getting
notifications for tag changes and merges.  Possibly relevant: I'm using a
Git repository layout where all the work happens on feature branches and
then is merged into master as a merge-only branch, so there are no
traditional commits to master, only merges.

Is there some way to get the actual commits to be included in the message?
Ideal would be to have each pushed merge onto master include the commit
messages for all of the commits that went into that merge.