Intent to hijack xbattbar-acpi

Hi debian-devel,

I intent to hijack the package xbattbar-acpi[1].

The maintainer of xbattbar-acpi, Davide Truffa[2]
<davide@catoblepa.org>, is not active anymore.
There isn't any activity of Davide on the Internet, inside and outside
Debian, since November 2007.
I have tried to get information about him but also some his friends in
real life are unable to contact him.
I have sent an email to him about my intention on 2008-03-06 and I
have sent a reminder on 2008-03-21 without get any reply.
I have also contacted sponsor for xbattbar-acpi, Nico Golde, which
is unable to contact Davide, too. He is in agreement with this intent
to highjack.
Anyway, I'm going to write to the Debian QA team <mia@qa.debian.org> for
give the information I have gathered.

Moreover, xbattbar-acpi has a new upstream release[3] completely
rewritten with libxcb, instead of libx11, that fixes bug #479247[4] and
adds features.

If there isn't objections I hijack it.

Regards,
Francesco

[1]: http://packages.debian.org/xbattbar-acpi
[2]: http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=davide@catoblepa.org
[3]: http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/maintainer.php?name=xbattbar-acpi
[4]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=479247

--
Francesco Polsinelli
<bek.deb@gmail.com>

JID: bek@jabber.linux.it
GnuPG Key ID: 0x261FD1CE
Key fingerprint: 7CB5 8AC3 1A0D CB39 310A C283 38FA 73A7 261F D1CE