Re: [OT] Need old Packages.gz and Release Files

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 05:20:32PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> As I have written, I have nearly  20 TByte  of  Debian  packages  on  my
> mirror and only accidently killet the /debian/dists/ directory with  all
> its Packages.gz, Sources.gz, Release and releases.gpg files.
>
> I have all downloaded I  have  found  and  arround  16%  of  the  mirror
> (generaly the last releses) restored.  What I am missing, are the  LISTS
> of the packages from the Sub-Releases like r0, r1, ...

You can use the jigdo files such as debian-40r2-i386-DVD-1.jigdo from
http://www.debian.co.il/debian-cd/4.0_r2/i386/jigdo-dvd/ or
http://ftp.pwr.wroc.pl/debian-iso/4.0_r1/i386/jigdo-dvd/debian-40r1-i386-DVD-1.jigdo
to extract this information. jigdo files are just gzipped text files.

At least for the 4.0 release you should be able to find jigdo files ...
I think I can send you also some older releases such as Woody in a
private mail. Have to dig ...

Jens