Re: intend to hijack GnuPG

On 2008-05-02, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:

> --zYM0uCDKw75PZbzx
>
> On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 07:36:25PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>> Yes. But after I have seen Laszlo Boszormenyi bughandling in sqlite3, I
>> think I actually would prefer current maintainance of gnupg.
>>=20
>> 478980 and 478337
>
> Whatever it might have happened on those 2 bug reports, which I haven't
> read, I find really annoying your public blaming behaviour.

Didn't this thread by the way more or less start with public blaming of
current gnupg maintainer?

> Either step
> in and offer help or shut up.

gnupg is a a bit too important package to be maintained by just anyone.
I wouldn't have objected if it was unimportant leaf package - as all
people have to start somewhere in learning packaging.
This is why I am not shutting up. I hope most people will speak up
publically in such cases.  [1]

 - oh - and about offering to help:  I was so far the one filed the
   "should this package be orphaned"-bug against gnupg. And I am
   planning to follow up on that.  (476418)

/Sune

[1] I am not blaming people for introducing bugs. That can happen. The
    issue is how people handle it and tries to fix it up.