Re: latest sid image is broken?

Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com> wrote:
> I am unable to upgrade my sid chroot. This is what I get
[...]
>  e2fsprogs: PreDepends: libuuid1 (>= 1.34-1) but it is not going to be
> installed
>  mount: PreDepends: libuuid1 but it is not going to be installed
> E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused
> by held packages.
> Copying back the cached apt archive contents
> -> unmounting dev/pts filesystem
> -> unmounting proc filesystem
> -> cleaning the build env
>    -> removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/build//5515 and its
> subdirectories
[...]
> Is this a known problem?

Hello,
It is a known temporary problem caused by the perl5.10 transition,
namely debconf-i18n.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2008/01/msg00220.html

It should sort itself out, once the autobuilders have rebuilt the
packages against perl-5.10, making them co-installable with the new
perl.

You can probably force an upgrade by installing debconf-english
instead of -i18n, but the resulting system probably won't be as useful
as before, since many packages would need to be uninstalled.

http://wiki.debian.org/Perl5.10Transition

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'