Re: Misc development news (#6)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 08:38:16AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> >"Someday someone should do this..."
> >-----------------------------------
> >
> >Sometimes I stumble on interesting or useful ideas on mailingslists,
> >which should be done, but the person having that in mind, doesn't have
> >time to do those. So I came up with idea of a wiki page, where those
> >tasks could be collected, so that people willing to do some useful work
> >(for example because they are in NM and need to prove their skills) can
> >maybe find some.
> >
> >I've started collecting some on http://wiki.debian.org/NMTasks and would
> >be happy if you'd also use this page, to collect such ideas (in a form
> >other people are able to understand) or to pick those ideas and implement
> >them.
> >
> > -- Holger Levsen
>
> Good idea.  I just added screenshots.debian.org idea that came up on
> some discussion at Chemnitzer LinuxTage in March.  It would be nice if
> somebody would grab this up - at least the idea will not just vanish
> now it is stored somewhere ...

This is something that I propsed on January 3, 2007, on debian-devel.
There was a fairly lengthy thread that resulted and Thomas Viehmann even
offered to help.  Of course, he and I both became very busy and so it
sort of fell by the wayside.  However, I have my projects much better in
hand this year and I intend to resurrect the idea early this summer.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez