Re: exim, local resolver, host name lookups and IPv6

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 10:41:54AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
[...]
> Where can I obtain the FQDN of the system instead?
[...]

You can't, necessarily. Especially if the MTA is running on RFC 1918
addresses behind a NAT and relying on external DNS (which I expect
is becoming quite common these days). Is there any way to simply
*insist* the FQDN be present in the config (provided by the
administrator via debconf or by manual editing after installation)
and just be done with all the guessing? Maybe even refuse to start
the daemon until this is provided, with a clear error message to
that effect?
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);