Re: python-sphinx or sphinx?

Hi,

Mikhail Gusarov wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I'm going to package tool called Sphinx (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/) -
> documentation generator for Python projects.
>
> In ITP (#474782) I chose package name to be 'python-sphinx', however
> then the package will be thought as containing just python modules.
>
> Is it ok to go ahead and use such generic package name as 'sphinx',
> given the recentness of the package and it's (still) small userbase?

If it's just a tool, that name is fine. But if it also contains modules, then I
think you should go for python-*. Perhaps you could make two binary packages,
one for the module(s) and one for the tool, although that could be overkilling...

I'm CCing debian-python@ so you can get better answers.

Emilio