Re: rebuilding the archive in a dirty chroot: results

On 26/01/08 at 08:59 +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 03:25:15PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>
> > I'm not really sure of what we should do about those problems. The
> > easiest way to fix them is to use source-only uploads (to avoid packages
> > built on broken maintainer machines), and a better sbuild that can use
> > lvm snapshots so that it can start all builds with a clean environment.
>
> Routine testing of this sort would help to catch this sort of problem,
> since always building in a clean chroot will "mask" the problem--but
> clean chroots would effectively prevent this for Debian.
>
> Just FYI, there is a patch currently being discussed on the
> buildd-tools-devel list which would add union filesystem support in
> addition to lvm-snapshots.  This would also provide a mechanism to
> always ensure a clean build (by overlaying a temporary scratch
> filesystem over a clean chroot).

I was under the impression that the packaged sbuild isn't the one used
on buildds, and that the buildd-tools-devel list discusses the packaged
tools, not the one from the buildds. So this improvement would only be
available for the users of the packaged sbuild?

Are there any plans to move to the packaged versions on the buildds? The
packaged sbuild has been doing a very good job for me.