Re: List of packages defining a RPATH on amd64 (differs from i386/lintian.d.o)

Russ Allbery wrote:
> "Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes:
>> On Jan 8, 2008 1:32 PM, Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>
>>> Some time ago I noticed some packages were defining a RPATH on non i386
>>> architectures, notably amd64.
>
>> Is either of these planned?
>
>> * Make lintian.d.o process debs from architectures other than i386/all
>
> It already takes over a day for Lintian to process the entire archive, so
> I don't have any immediate plans to run it on more architectures unless we
> can find some dramatic way to speed it up or find other places to run it
> besides gluck.d.o.

What about running lintian once a day on the new/updated packages of every
day? that way the amount of time spent would be reduced and all the lintian
reports would have a delay of no more than one day.

This is the way I want DEHS to work (it currently takes some hours to
perform the archive wide run). At the moment it updates every day the new
packages and some times a month the big run takes place, but I also want to
add timestamps so a package isn't checked if the last check is less than ~3
days old. Something similar could be done to lintian.

> One guess as to the speed hit at the moment is the man page checks, since
> running man and groff is noticably slow.

groff was the process taking the most part of the CPU when lintian processed
libwine-dev, is there anything that can be done to reduce this?

>> * A way to put all these different QA tests (amd64 rpath, should be
>> arch all, anything else that may come up) on the PTS/DDPO?
>
> This may be something that mole could do.

I'd be happy to add that, although I don't think I will be running those
archive wide lintian checks on amd64 too often (specially because I have to
download all the .deb because my processor is an i386).