Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

>> This might be too much DWIM, but... supposed lintian would, by default,
>> report the number of suppressed warnings, but only if the person
>> running it is not the maintainer? Lintian could use the same logic for
>> determining the name/address as dch does.

> I like that. :)
>
> So if DEBEMAIL/EMAIL doesn't match Maintainer/Uploaders then you get to
> see the N: lines.

I'm afraid this would require a significant restructuring of lintian's
code and isn't really viable for the next release.  The part of lintian
that is in a position to warn about overrides doesn't have any idea who
the maintainer is.

It will be easier in the future, so I could revisit this later.