Re: Faster shutdown and the ubuntu "multiuser" update-rc.d extention

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 11:26:21PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> I do hope there are better examples than a confidential application and
> a useless daemon that has been deprecated for years, to justify messing
> with dh_installinit and update-rc.d as you are proposing.

You don't need to *hope*. You could just review your own /etc/init.d
directory for scripts that do nothing nothing but
"start-stop-daemon --stop" or something equal.

looking at mine:

	anacron, atd, atftpd, dirmngr, hal, ...

--
"rm -rf" only sounds scary if you don't have backups