Re: Faster shutdown and the ubuntu "multiuser" update-rc.d extention

[Joe Smith]
> Ok. Good catch. So it seems to me that any service that is not a
> shutdown prerquisite of annother service (a.k.a must be shut down
> first) and which can be cleanly shutdown with [SIGTERM; pause;
> SIGKILL] is a good candidate for removing the shutdown init script.

Actually, a shutdown dependency mean that a service need to shut down
_after_ a service with the dependency, not before it.

Also, services who need a shutdown script and that depend on scripts
that do not have a shutdown script, can depend on sendsigs instead, so
that is not a reason to keep a script.  It is only a reason to be
careful when we move to a dependency based boot sequencing.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen