Re: Can I become a Debian package maintainer, how?

Ben Finney wrote:
schoappied <schoappied@gmail.com> writes:

I work with Debian now for a few years. And I like to help the project
and also learn more about it...

Thanks for your interest!

Can I become a Debian package maintainer, how? I'm especially
interested in software for making music...

One of the smoothest paths to improving Debian and becoming a
contributing maintainer is to choose a Debian package that you use
yourself, and begin fixing some of its bugs in the bug tracking system
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/>.

This will be of direct benefit and, since you will be working with the
existing maintainers, will also start to teach you about how Debian
packages are maintained collaboratively.

Ok... What to do mean by 'fix bugs'? I think I'm able to build packages, but I'm not a software developer...

Regards,