Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Thomas Viehmann wrote:

> Hi,
> Bastian Venthur wrote:
> > What I'd like to see is a solution where unstable is *never* frozen
>
> Bastian, this is a brilliant idea!! Debian needs those excellent people
> like you who have splendid ideas and all ready to implement them!!! You
> are the most valuable person in Debian right now!!!!! Because you
> contribute a lot!!!!!!! You should start this super-unstable
> today!!!!!!!!!!! When it works out later, Debian should integrate it as
> official repository!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not delay starting
> it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one else in Debian has your brains, so no one
> else can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Kind regards
>
> T.

Thomas,

Many thanks for this constructive answer. I really appreciate the tone used
and the fact that you seem to belittle the "fight of ideas".

No really, I love how people seem to think that if you think you can't work
and if you work, you can't think.

Or s/think/communicate your ideas/g

Indulgent regards,

OdyX
--
Swisslinux.org − Le carrefour GNU/Linux en Suisse −
http://www.swisslinux.org