Re: renaming scripts provided by upstream

Quoth Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@2008.43-1.org>, on 2008-12-12 22:30:24 +0100:
> I understand that it should not matter to the user what language is
> used to implement a particular script and support omitting
> extensions.  But what about renaming scripts provided by upstream?
> In this case renaming programs to comply with the Debian naming scheme
> creates new problems:

Not being well-acquainted with this bit, I can't comment very well on
what Debian policy would say, but wouldn't using the upstream name
plus a non-extensioned symlink solve several of these cases?

> Ansgar

   ---> Drake Wilson