Re: NEW processing

Le Wednesday 03 December 2008 09:55:24 Kalle Kivimaa, vous avez écrit :
> "Steve M. Robbins" <steve@sumost.ca> writes:
> > Is the NEW queue going to get processed any time soon?  There's a load
> > of packages that are 3 weeks or more old.
>
> The NEW queue is constantly being processed. Unfortunately it seems
> that in the normal case more packages enter NEW than are processed, so
> the queue grows. Then at some point the ftpmasters get too annoyed
> with it and have a weekend NEW cleaning session, bringing it down to a
> more manageable size (50-60 packages).

I've always wondered why it is not possible to add meta information to an
upload.

While I totally understand a delay for new packages, as for Daniel, I
sometimes upload package which go to NEW but for reasons that should take a
minute to check, like new binary packages. In these cases, it would be nice
to add an annotation to give hints about the complexity of the task to the
ftp-masters..

Romain