Re: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main

Marco d'Itri a écrit :
> On Dec 01, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> wrote:
>
>> But anyway, and knowing this is not an Ubuntu list... Does anybody
>> know why on Earth is Acroread popular? Why isn't a PDF regularly
> I need it to view some large/complex PDF files with reasonable
> performace.
> Developers of free PDF viewers feel free to contact me for a copy...

I also have files that are too complex to render in short time when
zooming. I also found a bug for the rendering of Axial Shadings in all
free renderers. The details are here:

http://jean-christophe.dubacq.fr/post/Why-do-I-prefer-Acrobat-Reader-to-other-free-PDF-readers

I remember giving these details to some developers on irc at the
beginning of the xpdf development, but I was too lazy to find the
correct bugzilla and enter a minimal example file.

I usually use xpdf for daily work. But sometimes, xpdf does not cut the
mustard.