ITP: powerman -- Centralized Power Distribution Unit (PDU) management
* Package name: powerman
Author: The Regents of the University of California.
Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Written by Andrew Uselton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jim Garlick <email@example.com>
Al Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Chris Dunlap <email@example.com>
* URL : http://powerman.sourceforge.net
* License: GPL 2+
Description : Centralized Power Distribution Unit (PDU) management
PowerMan is a tool for manipulating Power Distribution Units (PDUs) from a
central location. It is suitable for remote operation in data centers or
compute cluster environment.
Several RPC varieties are supported natively by PowerMan and
Expect-like configurability simplifies the addition of new devices.
This package includes support for Genders, HTTP devices and Curses user
- I'm in touch with the upstream maintainer (Jim Garlick),
- a new release is scheduled with some fixes planned, following my recent audit,
- a client library (libpowerman) will soon be available, to allow the
remote manipulation of a Powerman daemon,
- an integration of this library is underway in the Network UPS Tools.
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com
Network UPS Tools (NUT) Project Leader - http://www.networkupstools.org/
Debian Developer - http://people.debian.org/~aquette/
Free Software Developer - http://arnaud.quette.free.fr/