Version: 2.3
Author: The Regents of the University of California.
            Produced at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
            Written by Andrew Uselton <uselton2@llnl.gov>
                           Jim Garlick <garlick@llnl.gov>
                           Al Chu <chu11@llnl.gov>
                           Chris Dunlap <cdunlap@llnl.gov>
* URL             : http://powerman.sourceforge.net
* License: GPL 2+
Description     : Centralized Power Distribution Unit (PDU) management

 PowerMan is a tool for manipulating Power Distribution Units (PDUs) from a
 central location. It is suitable for remote operation in data centers or
 compute cluster environment.
 .
 Several RPC varieties are supported natively by PowerMan and
 Expect-like configurability simplifies the addition of new devices.
 .
 This package includes support for Genders, HTTP devices and Curses user
 interface.

Side notes:
- I'm in touch with the upstream maintainer (Jim Garlick),
- a new release is scheduled with some fixes planned, following my recent audit,
- a client library (libpowerman) will soon be available, to allow the
remote manipulation of a Powerman daemon,
- an integration of this library is underway in the Network UPS Tools.

cheers,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com