Re: Bits from the buildd.debian.org world

* Roger Leigh [Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:14:31 +0000]:

> Adeodato Simó wrote:

Hello, Roger.

>> Source code
>> ===========

>> All the source code that is around in raff (buildd.debian.org) and the
>> buildds will be published, most likely under http://buildd.debian.org/git/
>> (plus a mirror in git.debian.org). We'll get to that next, thanks in
>> advance for your patience.

> Is there any interest in merging this into the existing buildd-tools git
> repository?

>   git://git.debian.org/git/buildd-tools/sbuild.git

> This was originally derived from Ryan Murray's SVN repo, which was in
> turn based on the Kullervo CVS.  It has had quite extensive refactoring
> (of sbuild in particular; the other tools are pending).  There are quite
> a lot of bugfixes as well as new functionality you might like to pick
> up.  The sbuild and wanna-build tools are currently in unstable, while
> buildd is in git only; it's not yet been refactored sufficiently to
> package up nicely.

Yes, there is definitely interest in working out some scheme that
benefits everybody. In fact, Philipp Kern tried to get hold of you via
IRC some days ago, but it seems mail would have worked better. :-)

sbuild looks like a good first candidate to work on, though I'm told it
needs some changes (not fully compatible with raff's wanna-build, I
think), and ultimately coordination with each buildd admin.

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.
                -- Amos Bronson Alcott