ldconfig with a non-standard prefix

Hi

I cannot find anywhere in the documentation how to solve my current problem. I have made bunch of custom packages that will install, among other things, a bunch of libraries into /opt/pkgs/packagname. I know that ldconfig gets run after apt-get.

My question is how do I get it to pick up the libraries in any of the /opt/pkgs/* folders. I know how the ld.so.conf works, but I basically want an entry that says /opt/pkgs/*. I figured there has to be a standard way of doing this for debs. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Jonathan Steel