Re: DFSG violations in Lenny: Summarizing the choices

http://kitenet.net/~joey/blog/entry/d-i_firmware_loading
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/

I'm not sure what to do about both the Debian project being generally
unaware of functionality already present in Debian. Document it better?
Wet fishes applied to anyone who starts a flamewar about it?

FWIW, I think that Ted makes good points about installing non-free's
effect on users, and about a firmware section in the active being
desirable. The current implementation tries to avoid these problems
as much as it can without requiring big changes just before release[1].