Re: debconf making package removal fail because of warnings issues by an earlier called program (in postrm)

Am Mittwoch, den 29.10.2008, 20:30 +0100 schrieb Frans Pop:
> Daniel Leidert wrote:
> If I understand this case correctly then the problem is quite likely that
> this message
>
> >> Unknown media type in type '...'
>
> is output to stdout instead of stderr.
>
> Programs/scripts that have to be able to run under debconf are not allowed
> to output to or read input from stdout/stdin.

update-mime-database is called inside the postrm (I posted the postrm in
my mail) and issues some warnings. You can simply reproduce the issue by
taking any package using debconf and adding an echo command to the
postrm script:

echo "Make me fail."

And you should be able to reproduce the problem. E.g. use this postrm to
reproduce:

> #!/bin/sh
> set -ex
> echo "Make me fail."
> # Automatically added by dh_installdebconf
> if [ "$1" = purge ] && [ -e /usr/share/debconf/confmodule ]; then
>         . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
>         db_purge
> fi
> # End automatically added section

You don't need more. For some reason "Make me fail." is given as
argument to the debconf confmodule:

[..]
> + db_purge
> + _db_cmd PURGE
> + IFS=  printf %s\n PURGE
> + IFS=
>  read -r _db_internal_line
> + RET=20 Unsupported command "make" (full line was "Make me fail.") received from confmodule.
> + return 20

Regards, Daniel