Re: Free OS versus free hw

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:51:55PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
[...]
> *without* access to any specific extra data, vendor-specific programs,
> or other non-free software.

I agree here, although, I wouldn't say the DFSG requires that source
code should be modifiable with software distributed in Debian. But it
would certainly be an improvement, mainly in the presence of bitstreams
which are the corresponding source code themselves and are only modified
using vendor-specific tools, which may not be available as free/libre
software.

[...]
> Ben Finney

Cascardo.