Supporting 2.6.27 in Lenny? - Long term support

First of all I apologize if this has been brought up somewhere else.

It seems that on LKML it was announced that 2.6.27 will be a long term support kernel:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/10/11/235

Since we haven't released Lenny yet (freeze state I believe), wouldn't it be a good idea to include 2.6.27 as the default Lenny kernel instead of 2.6.26?

Most of the newer release of other distributions like  Fedora, Ubuntu, and openSUSE are going to be based on 2.6.27
http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/10/14/322

Also I am not a DD so I might not be aware 100% of the freeze policy as I ask this question.

Thanks

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/