Re: Terminal emulators and command line arguments (again!)

Excerpts from Steve McIntyre's message of Sun Oct 12 13:12:03 -0400 2008:

> Ideally, I'd like us to do a combination of #2 and #3: work out the
> standard set of options, and have each package provide a wrapper
> script as necessary to support those options.

I'd be happy to do this for rxvt-unicode (it has always kind of bugged
me that we don't recognize -geom). However, if these wrapper scripts
are, as I would assume, shell scripts, there is an issue in some setups
with those shells incrementing SHLVL. See #500703[1] for a variety of
opinions. I'm still not sure what the best course of action would be,
but with this approach every terminal emulator would potentially be
affected.

things change.
decklin@red-bean.com