Re: Britney error with the gossip package?

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:02:11 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> > britney only considers installability, not buildability.
>
> Maybe it should - after all, in the phase prior to a release, the
> ability to build the entire release from source *is* important. To me,
> this is precisely what Britney should be able to avoid - gossip
> migrated (irrespective of what happened with the unblock, this could
> easily happen between releases too) in a condition that would not
> build from source in testing.

Actually, maybe lintian can come to the rescue here - if the
Build-Depends version is higher than the shared library dependency
isn't that always going to be a problem?

The reverse is fine, of course, but Build-Depends >> shlibs would
appear to be a problem waiting to happen.

--

Neil Williams