Re: Debian on the FreeRunner -- now official

Hello Joachim,

Am 2008-08-15 13:04:03, schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> To install Debian onto your MicroSD card, alongside your current Image
> on the internal Flash, see the instructions at
> 	http://wiki.debian.org/DebianOnFreeRunner
> These will provide you with a minimal Debian installation plus
> everything required to use zhone. From there on, you are free to modify
> your system as you wish ??? with the full power and flexibility of the
> Debian system.

Is it posibel to install it on a Nokia 6120 classic?

I have recenly bought a second one on eBay since it has an ARM926EJ with
312 MHz on board ans 128 MByte of Flash plus 2 Gbyte od MicoSD.

Since I have hacked th JTAG it is now running a LFS console...

But realy, I do not even like to port 200 packages to it...

> All this is still very new and was created during at the DebConf 8 in
> Mar de Plata since last week. This means that there are still bugs and
> other things to improve. You are invited to join the development by
> subscribing to the smartphone-standards[5] mailing list that the Debian
> team shares with the FSO team. There is also a wiki page[6] with more
> information on the pkg-fso team, including a TODO section.

I will join...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)