FTBS twice - what is the priority for it?

Hi all,

I am preparing an upload to Sid, with the intent of getting it into Lenny, for a package of mine (to solve bug #493061 for fakeroot-ng, if it matters). While working on it, I found out that the package also has a FTBS twice bug, which resulted from empty lines (with no leading tab character) in debian/rules in the clean target. My question is - what to do?

Do I open a FTBS twice bug for the package and upload the fix? If so, what priority should the new bug be? I saw FTBS bugs ranging from "wishlist" to "important". I don't think it is an actual policy violation (am I wrong? Can someone point me to the relevant section?)

Alternatively, as the delta has only white spaces between fixing the tabs and not fixing it, I can just put the fix in and hope the release managers (hi!) don't catch me when I ask them to allow the fix for 493061 through.

Then again, if the bug is not important enough, I can upload a fix that only handles 493061, and doesn't touch the double FTBS bug at all.

What should I do?

Shachar