Bug#495105: ITP: scidavis -- application for scientific data analysis and visualization
X-Debbugs-CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
* Package name : scidavis
Version : 0.1.3
Upstream Authors: Tilman Benkert, Knut Franke
* URL : http://scidavis.sourceforge.net/
* License : GPL-2+
Programming Lang: C++
Description : application for scientific data analysis and visualization
SciDAVis is an application for data analysis and visualization.
Some of SciDAVis' features are:
* Tables, matrices, graphs and notes are gathered in a project and can be
organized using folders.
* Tables for entering data directly or importing from ASCII files.
* Column-based computations using standard and special functions.
* Many built-in analysis operations like column/row statistics,
(de)convolution, FFT and FFT-based filters.
* Extensive support for fitting linear and nonlinear functions to the data,
including multi-peak fitting.
* 2D plots in a variety of formats, including symbols/lines, bars and pie
* Interactive 3D plots with export to a variety of formats, including EPS
* Note windows with support for in-place evaluation of mathematical
expressions. Also other objects in the project can be accessed to e.g.
rapidly writing an import filter for a custom data format.
This package will be maintained by Burkhard Bunk and me and we'll use Git as