Re: Shouldn't tar 1.20-1 be in testing?

On Mon, Aug 04, 2008 at 03:43:51PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Mon, Aug  4, 2008 at 15:34:40 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>
> > tar 1.20-1 entered unstable on 2008-04-17, so several months before the
> > freeze.
>
> The essential toolchain was frozen before the rest of the archive.

Yes, but there have been exceptions made; I'm not sure that lzma
support would be good and sufficient reasons to sway the release-team,
but Julien should try sending that note to debian-release, and see
what they say.

I'm guessing that perhaps since tar is probably used by d-i, the tar
maintainer needed to explicitly request that tar get manually pushed
to testing, and that didn't happen back in May/June?

						- Ted