Re: Statically linking against bundled libagg

Hi,

Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> When building against system agg, I get the lintian error:
>
> E: libmapnik0.5: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/libmapnik.so.0.5.0
>
> this does not occur when compiling mapnik's own agg library.
> I'm not sure what's happening here; does it indicate a mistake in the
> way the agg library was built to start with or the way I'm building
> mapnik?

You want -fPIC, both for your lib and agg. Try -lagg_pic if it exists
(when I maintained agg I created it - OOo once used agg too and still
has agg 2.4 in the code - unused by distros, though)

> The other concern is basically about the possibility of introducing
> regressions in functionality by changing the build at this late stage.
> This is entirely my own fault; I have left this issue unresolved for too
> long.

I can't (and won't) judge that as I don't know mapnik.

Regards,

Rene