Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:30:21PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > I think we should encourage packager to contact upstream with simple
> > "hello!" message and he (or myself) should be part of active upstream ML.
>
> When I had upstreams, I always used to do this.
>
> Often though, I'd wait until I had some patches to go with the "hello",
> to make the message have a bit more value.

This is what I did and good trigger point of contacting upstreams.
Developers Reference needs to add this point.

Hello is OK but this is good recommendation point to act.

Osamu

PS:  I expected some thread to follow but this one was good response for
me.  Thanks.