What to do with new upstream releases before Lenny is out ?

Le Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 03:35:35PM +0200, Luk Claes a écrit :
>                     ______________________
>                    < We freeze next week! >
>                     ----------------------
>                             \   ^__^
>                              \  (oo)\_______
>                                 (__)\       )\/\
>                                     ||----w |
>                                     ||     ||

Hi again,

basically, freezing next week means that uploads with a low urgency will
not be part of Lenny (unless hinted).

In the next 1~2 monthes that separate us from the release, there will be
new upstream releases for the packages I maintain and I am undecided
what to do:

 - Ignore them and dedicate only to Lenny.
 - Package them only if requested by users.
 - Upload them to experimental.
 - Upload them to unstable.

For the moment I did one upload to experimental, but I am not convinced
by my own choice. If somebody has wise comments, I will be grateful to
listen them.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy